Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Can not get Material ID in database! Skipped the rest.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yuramadhan
491 Views, 3 Replies

Error: Can not get Material ID in database! Skipped the rest.

It took 6 hours to get the initial setting completed. After addressing some of the meshing issues, finally stuck up with an error for past two days.

Error: Can not get Material ID in database!
Skipped the rest.

Analysis type : MES with Nonlinear Materials Models

Number of part : 5 (3 brick element type & 2 tetrahedron element type)

I had to do tetrahedron for 2 parts due to the meshing issue. Critical interface in the part geomentry is bit complicated and I couldn't get it meshed with brick element type.

This is an inventor imported model. Material properties were already defined in the model. Initially I thought that was the problem. I even overwrite the material by choosing one in the simulation material library. But still the error does not go away. Any advice to overcome this error is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Madhan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Madhan,

I've seen this happen before with another customer; one thing that you can try is to expand the part in the tree view, and then right click on Element Definition and select "Edit Element Definition".  Do not make any changes and click "OK"  to close out of the Element Definition dialogue box. Attempt to run your simulation again.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 4

Andrew,

Thanks for your quick response

I changed all the element type of all five parts to tetrahedran for consistency purpose and followed your instructions. It seem to be worked. But there is a new issue 'ARUN4.EXE Built for x64 has stopped working'. Not sure if this is related to the same or entirely a new problem.

Thanks,
Madhan

Message 4 of 4
zhuangs
in reply to: yuramadhan

Could you share your original model (3 brick parts, 2 TET parts)?  We can investigate the issue.

-Shoubing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report