Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing with Fusion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tom
Participant
601 Views, 2 Replies

Editing with Fusion

Hi there. I'm hopeful I'm posting ithis in the correct forum. If not, please advise.

When using MES, I often find myself needing to adjust minor geometries. I've figured out Fusion to the point of being able to make my simple geometry changes, but I can't find an easy way to import it back into MES without reconfiguing my entire Loading and Constraint paradigm. I was told that "Fusion is a great new way to quickly and seamlessly transfer files back and forth to MES" - please advise this "quick and seamless" method, as I appear to be missing something.

Thank you kindly.

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: tom

Hi Tom,

If the model did not originate in Fusion, then the loads and constraints will be dropped the first time it is transferred to Fusion. The loads and constraints should remain on subsequent transfer. (At least that is the intended design.)

So a "work around" would be to transfer the original CAD model from Simulation to Fusion as soon as you open it in Simulation and before adding loads, then transfer the model back. You can then continue with the normal work flow in Simulation.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
tom
Participant
in reply to: John_Holtz

Gotcha. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report