Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drucker - Prager Material Definition

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fischer.2
400 Views, 1 Reply

Drucker - Prager Material Definition

Good morning everyone.

I would like to run a simulation of earth under influence of gravity. For this I made a simple model in the shape of a cuboid first.

I run a simulation with nonlinear material behaviour and an elastic isotropic material to check if the constraints are correct. This simulation runs without any problems.

Next I changed the setup of the element definition to Drucker - Prager and used a self-defined material model (material model was set to Drucker - Prager).

This model does not converge.

I suspect the error in the material properties due to the fact I have not changed anything else.

Sadly I do not know which material properties are absolute necessary to input. For this I tried some different values but no combination worked.

(I remeshed the model but this does not help either.)

A quick look into summary and log reports showed no errors. The convergence was just not reached in time.

Maybe someone has experience with Drucker-Prager analysis or could tell me some material properties which should work?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fischer.2
in reply to: fischer.2

Attached you can find my simulation if needed.

(I was not able to upload the archive of the simulation so I uploaded a zip - file.

I hope this does work too.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report