Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Dan_Margulius
1319 Views, 7 Replies

Drop test

Hello, I am trying to perform a drop analysis in the file attached and the solve button is not active. Please someone look at the file and tell me what is wrong. I work with 2011 version. Thanks,
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
S.LI
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Can NOT find the file you attached here.

Usually, drop test is simulated with a MES model in Algor.

Please make sure there is not any red-cross in your element/part/model settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 8
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: S.LI

hello ,

I am on MES. I configured material, mesh . plane and gravitiy. I push the analysis button and nothing happens.

I am trying to attach a file maybe someone can see something wrong in my setup. then i get a message about one warning in the analysis and thats it. nothing happens

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: S.LI

I think i found the warning, it says   "Stop:contact walls not permited for linear problems"

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
John_Holtz

Hi,

If there was a warning, it will appear in one of the processor log files. Please click on the "Report" tab (underneath the browser) and expand the branch for the "Processor Log Files". The warning will be in either the log file or summary file or both.

Many of the warnings and errors are described in the documentation. See .

If the above doesn't fix the problem, then please create an archive of the model ("File > Archive > Create") and attach the archive to the discussion group. The .FEM file that you provided earlier is not the complete input, so it is of no use in this situation.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 6 of 8
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. I cant solve the problem although I have followed the tutorial step by step from the following link:http://resources.autodesk.com/msd/Autodesk_Algor_Simulation/How_Tos .My file is 2M and i cant post it here.

Do you have an ftp maybe ?

This issue is very imporant for us, Benny my manager sent you an email yesterday so we can get training from Autodesk in Algor. I hope you mail him back.

Best Regards,

Dan Margulius

Omnitech

israel

Message 7 of 8
John_Holtz

Hi Dan,

The warning message "contact walls not permited for linear problems" indicates that the MES analysis is configured to use "small displacement" theory for the calculations. (Small displacements problems are usually linear in nature.)  Since you have an impact plane in the analysis, the MES solver assumes you are doing some kind of drop test which implies large displacement and motion.

So, go to the Element Definition for each part and change the "Analysis Type" drop-down from "Small Displacement" to "Large Displacement".

If a majority of your MES analyses requires large displacements or nonlinear effects, use the "Tools: Options: Analysis" tab and set the "Use large displacement as default for nonlinear analyses" option to set the "Analysis Type" default to large displacement.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 8 of 8
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you very much. Now its working. Do you know if its possible to simulate explosions in Algor ? Best regards, Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report