Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading results form Cloud

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RAALVM
456 Views, 3 Replies

Downloading results form Cloud

When the SimJobManager is suppose to start download partial results in an event simulation? It tells me that the simulation is 10% done but I haven't have any feedback since the start of the simulation, and if I open the case from simulation job manager in the Mechanical it doesn't show me that the simulation is running.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: RAALVM

Hi RAALVM,

Results should start downloading at the 80% mark. The percentage complete can be a bit deceptive, its more like a step completion. The 10% mark is the solid meshing stage, so if your analysis is stuck there, it may be looping through the solid mesh retries that were implemented in the 2015 release. I would recommend cancelling the analysis and checking the solid mesh beforehand, this can be done using the "Check Model" command on tha analysis tab of the ribbon.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 4
RAALVM
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Thanks, for explaining it. But as you said is a bit deceptive, woudn't be more useful to have some sort of different messages to have a feedback of what it is going on? If I close the mecanical simulation program and open it again it doesn't show that the scenario is running it shows like the analisys is not started, and I can submit it again.

In the Simulation CFD you have a messaging system that shows what is solver doing, like meshing, solving, etc.

Message 4 of 4
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: RAALVM

I certainly agree that the feedback could be better for Sim Mech 360 analyses. With a local analysis you will see that feedback in the Simulation Mechanical interface rather than the job manager. I'd recommend posting to the Simulation Mechanical IdeaStation, a forum monitored by the product manager, so other customers know this idea has been suggested.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/81/tab/popular

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report