Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE in Autodesk Simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
316 Views, 1 Reply

DOE in Autodesk Simulation

Hello everybody,

I've a question: is it possible to set the geometry parameters of an Inventor CAD model as experimental parameters in a design of experiments (DOE) simulation in Autodesk Simulation? I've choosen the MES simulation.

When it is possible, please let me know how.

Thank you very much.

Regards, David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David,

Only plate/shell elements (their thickness) and beam elements (their cross section) can be changed in the D.O.E. and design optimization within Autodesk Simulation Mechanical. Inventor parameters are not supported currently.

But the following will be of interest to you. We just released a technology preview in which a parametric study can be performed on an Inventor model! That is, specify which parameters to change, what values to use, and the analysis will run the simulation for each combination. These results could be used to generate the data typically associated with a D.O.E. See http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/scout/ and give it a try.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report