Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
558 Views, 4 Replies

Display Error

Im using Algor on Windows 7 

Im now ( All worked OK at first) getting the graphic problem shown on the attachment. Reducing the number of colours solves the problem, but the program should work at 16E6 colours.

Ive installed and reinstalled without success

I think installing another program started this problem.

How can I resolve the issue ?

Nigel Voak

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jjs-autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Other users have noticed this with Win7 too.  Some have found the following workaround helpful.

In Algor, go to "Tool|Options", then the Graphics tab, selecting "Hardware" from the list and disable OpenGL hardware acceleration.

HTH

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jjs-autodesk

This could be related to windows 7 aero functionality.  When i remoted into a users machine that was having problems with box selection, as soon as i remoted in and aero functionality was disabled, the user was able to do a box selection.  I tried service packing algor first to no avail.  Also, this machine is at windows 7, no service pack has been installed yet for windows.  I can confirm un-checking open gl did resolve the issue.

I hope this makes sense with the windows 7 aero functionality.

Message 4 of 5
jjs-autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

A similar problem was reported here.  Unfortunately the workaround decribed there doesn't seem to work, according to you -- and its the same as I proposed above.

This is being looked at for an upcoming release.

Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jjs-autodesk

Sorry for any mis-understanding.  The work around listed in this thread and in the thread other thread mentioned did work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report