Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
jkebisek
340 Views, 2 Replies

curved beam

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to analyze a curved concrete beam using algor.  More specifically a curved concrete beam encased in a reinforcing material.  I've tried multiple ways but can't seem to get any results. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
borikg
in reply to: jkebisek

i think it would be  hardto assign such material may be is there any custom material creation or assign different materials for same part.or split original part into sub shapes and each will be part by itselfe.

Message 3 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: jkebisek

Hi,

I agree with the previous post. The concrete is one part, and the surrounding reinforcing material is a different part. Both parts should be modeled as solids; that is, the element type would be brick. (The curved concrete beam probably should not be modeled using beam elements unless the curvature is much larger than the cross section.)

If everything behaves linearly, then a linear stress analysis will suffice. If you need to include the cracking of the concrete and other nonlinear effects, then use MES (Mechanical Event Simulation with Nonlinear Materials).

Otherwise, please elaborate on why you "can't get any results". Does that mean the analysis does not run? It runs but all results are zero? Something else?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums