Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a deformation beyond the plsticity limit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
312 Views, 1 Reply

Create a deformation beyond the plsticity limit

Hello everyone,

I'm a French guy and for my project I have to simulate the plasticity deformation of a steel beam. 

So I don't know how to do this and view the deformations after simulating. Can you help me ? 

Thank you by advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mizukage,

Here are the basic steps:

1. The analysis type is "Analysis > Change > Type > Nonlinear > MES with Nonlinear Material Models"
  2. After meshing the model, edit the Element Definition for the part or parts that will experience plastic deformation. Set the "Material Model" to "von Mises with Isotropic Hardening" located in the Plasticity folder. One of the other three plasticitiy models may also be appropriate for your analysis.
  3. Enter the material properties, or confirm that the material in the library is suitable for your situation.
  4. The rest of the setup and analysis is the same or similar to any other MES analysis. So if you have not done any of the tutorials ("Start & Learn > Learn > Tutorials > Analyzing and Evaluating Results Tutorials > Piston Mechanical Event Simulation") or example ("Start & Learn > Learn > Help > User's Guide > Examples > Mechanical Event Simulation > Surface to Surface Contacts"), I suggest that you start with those.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report