Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergence problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
523 Views, 2 Replies

Convergence problem

I have this 2D CFD simulation which I can  get in no way to converge. I have tried almoost anything, but no luck came to me. I would be very obliged if someone could take a peek and possiblly give me a clue to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

With regards, Floris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Floris,

I am not clear whether your model did not converge on any time steps, or converged until step X, or "converged" but with stagnation.

I made one simple change to your model (see attached), and it ran to completion. (The change was removing the prescribed velocity at the corners of the inlet and the wall.) There was a warning on each time step about stagnation, but I did not investigate the issue any further.

When I opened the model, it asked me if I wanted to update it to the current version. So either my newer version (2013 SP2) or the change I mentioned helped.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi AstroJohnPE,

It didn't converge after time step 2. It just stopped with a message.

But your litle trick worked out realy well  Smiley Happy, it ran smoothly to the end.

So, thank you so much.

Best wishes, Floris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report