Discussion Groups

Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

corona672
Accepted Solution

Contour Plot Not showing

1114 Views, 14 Replies
11-14-2012 07:33 PM

Im running a simple analysis on an .ipt part I made from inventor and am running into an issue with similation multiphyics. After setting up the correct mesh, element info, and running the simulation, I am unable to see any contour plots for my part. All I get is my part shown in white - with what appears to be the correct stress numbers but no contour plot visible. 

Ive gone threw every option I can see on Multiphyics but no luck yet. I have had contour plots working on this computer before however. Ideas?

Please use plain text.
corona672

Re: Contour Plot Not showing

11-14-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: corona672

More info. Interestingly when i view the file under windows explorer as an icon, it will show a contour as a screenshot for my saved .fem model. But still nothing in Simulation Multiphysics. ??

Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
ilyas

11-15-2012 08:22 PM in reply to: corona672

Perhaps the visibility of results for that part was turned off. To turn it on, right click on the part in the browser and check the visibility of results. 

Regards

Ilyas

Please use plain text.
JohnD.Sherow2645

11-29-2012 05:34 AM in reply to: corona672

With Mechanical 2013, you can Rt. Click on the part and have "Visibility", but "Show Faces"  and "Show Mesh" are not enabled and you see nothing.

Try enabling Faces and Mesh.  I consider this a bug, but maybe there is a reason for it.

.......jds

Please use plain text.
Employee
Sualp.Ozel

12-04-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: JohnD.Sherow2645

Do you have "Revit" installed on that same computer by any chance?

Please use plain text.
dcook15

05-17-2013 12:31 PM in reply to: corona672
I am having this same issue. I tried checking and unchecking visibility of mesh, visibility of faces, visibility of results and none of these fixes the problem. I first noticed this in Multiphysics so I uninstalled and reinstalled it but that did not fix it. I then downloaded and installed just Simulation Mechanical and I get the same problem with my part just being white when viewing the results. I also have Moldflow Adviser and Simulation CFD on my computer and have never had a problem viewing the results.

Devin
Please use plain text.
Employee
Sualp.Ozel

05-20-2013 07:24 AM in reply to: dcook15

I had a call with Devin today and turns out he did not have the latest graphics card drivers on his system. While we were updating that, we also turned off the Hardware acceleration from tools: Application options: graphics. Saved our work and restarted Simulation mechanical. This solved the issue.

Please use plain text.
mohamedhph

05-20-2013 08:38 PM in reply to: corona672

Well I've same problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Mechanical/Result-Colors-not-visible/td-p/3578892

and I just disabled the Hardware acceleration as you suggested but when I restarted the application the colors where still not shown as well as the option to disable the hardware acceleration have been diabled so as the application is having the hardware acceleration enabled permenantly.

What should I do?

Please use plain text.
mohamedhph

Re: Contour Plot Not showing (now showing)

05-20-2013 10:11 PM in reply to: Sualp.Ozel

After many retries and couple of program restarts I managed to disable Hardware acceleration and got my results for the first time on my new laptop without need to capture an image... Thank you Thank you :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
colin.dablain

Re: Contour Plot Not showing (now showing)

07-19-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: mohamedhph

Though I am an administrator on my computer, the disable hardware acceleration check box is still grayed out.  Any ideas how to fix the white results without being able to disable hardware acceleration?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.