Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
mike
396 Views, 1 Reply

Combined Load Cases

Hi,

We are combining a model involving multiple load cases by using the comblc.exe file via the command prompt

(Autodesk Simulation is closed)

By executing the following command:

comblc Test.clc 

(where test Test.clc is a text file refering to the required combination of load cases)

This will generate a results file for the combined load cases. For comblc.exe to work (via the command prompt) a small number of dll files (~10) must be in the same directory as the comblc.exe file.

Howver, we've noticed that when using the latest version of comblc.exe (AutoCAD Simulation 2013), no results file is produced.

At present we are using an earlier version of comblc.exe, which seems to work (the dll files are also the earlier version).

Is there any way to use comblc via the command prompt with the latest version of comblc.exe?

Secondary to this, I've also noticed the stress data ouput file 'ds.s' is not calculated using comblc.exe (even through it is output in the base cases).

Thanks

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: mike

Hi Mike,

What you may need to do is use this command at the command prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2013\comblc.exe" test.clc

where the path to comblc.exe is where the software was installed. This assumes that the command prompt is set to the same directory that contains the test.clc file, and the text within test.clc must include the path to the files being combined.

Otherwise, I tried it with my 64-bit Windows 7 computer and had no problem with it running.

The basic thing that comblc does is multiply and add numbers together. It really has no idea what it is combining, so it cannot produce the ds.s file, which has a header indicating what each column of numbers represents. Only the processor knows what the result file contains.

Instead, you can run the program "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2013\mkaso.exe" to convert the binary stress results to a text file. I am not sure whether this outputs any headers, but you should be able to figure out the contents by comparing it to the ds.s file.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report