Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combination of heat transfer, fluid flow, mechanical work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chikhlas
551 Views, 1 Reply

combination of heat transfer, fluid flow, mechanical work

Is it possible to combine heat transfer, fluid flow, mechanical work all together.

I'm working on an engine, i can perform all three processes seperately but i don't know how can i combine these.

Process is something like heat is transferred(conduction) from walls  to the fluid then convection occur, fluid has to move the piston. its a closed system.

even when i try to do multiphysics it still give error and it does not mention the error. what option or load can i use to move piston.

also whenever i generate graphs for my files, it is corrupted.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joey.X
in reply to: chikhlas

Autodesk simulation Multiphysics supports one way coupling among thermal, fluid, electro, and mechanical structure analysis, and the two-way coupling between fluid and thermal with free convection (buoyancy force on).  

For engine analysis, it usually very complicated with multiple physics fully coupled, and it may need special handling such as combustion, multiphase, chemical reaction and piston motion etc. Kiva(Los Alamos national lab based) is a special CFD code specialized on engine simulation and it has very good reputation in industry.  To use Autodesk simulation Multiphysics on real world engine analysis, it needs modeling simplification assumptions, notes that we don’t support two-way FSI for the piston motion at this point.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report