Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing of software

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
332 Views, 3 Replies

Choosing of software

Hi what software should I choose if I need to simulate external heating, fluid and wind turbulence. Can Multiphysics 2012 this or do I also need the Autodesk CFD. If we choose Multiphysics, there are no “how two” or books on the net who can guide us in the simulation?  We have looked at the program from your competitors, but it seems more complicated than yours.

Sincerely

Carsten Moeller

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joey.X
in reply to: Anonymous

Both of ASIM/MP and ASIM/CFD handle "external heating, fluid and wind turbulence" and the coupling among them, and you can check the online helps for functionality details.  Generally if you focus more on CFD only (fluid and thermal), ASIM/CFD probally is a better option; if you need more coupling CFD with structure and electrostatic, ASIM/MP will be suggested for you.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi thanks for your reply.

We are discussing in our company what software we are going to buy. I want to buy autodesk multiphysics 2012 because we already are using inventor. However my colleagues want to buy Comsol or solidworks, because there are a large range of "how to" on eg you tube and books published. I can't finde one single book on Autodesk Multiphysics 2012 and mostly results on youtube only containing result of a simulation, but no how to?? If i eg want to simulate a fluid flow of a simpel pipe drawen in inventor, How easy is it done. In Comsol i looks pretty straightforward (with the add on LiveLink). can you send me a link on how easy i can be done.
I am loosing the battle.
I our company we need to simulate Fluid flow, wind and sun.

Sincerly Moeller

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have been using books that I purchased from here:

http://ascented.com/courseware-solutions/autodesk/courseware/overview.aspx

Gives a few good examples to get started!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report