Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Co-ordinate system and the working formulas

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hs.simanto
609 Views, 4 Replies

Changing Co-ordinate system and the working formulas

Hi

How can I change my Co-ordinate system to Spheroidal system. Does it will change the result from the rectangular one.

How I can have the basic formulas which works behind Simulation Mechanical software (only for linier static problems).

Thanks in advance.

Simanto
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zhuangs
in reply to: hs.simanto

Right click the surface (which you want to add LCS);

Select "Coordinate systems" and Click "New";

Then select the coordinate system types and input three points to define the LCS.

-Shoubing

Message 3 of 5
hs.simanto
in reply to: zhuangs

Hi,

I tried just as u said . But the co-ordinate systame was inactive.   The screen shot of the problem is attached below for your convenience.

7.jpg

How can i activate the tab and will the changing of the co-ordinate system will make any change in result from the rectangular one?

Thanks in advance

Simanto
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
zhuangs

The mesh is needed first.  Please mesh the model and then check whether it works.

-Shoubing

Message 5 of 5
hs.simanto

Hi Zhuangs

I did it after the meshing had done. This time it works. Was it is the only mistake earlier massage?

But can you please explain the significance of the selected surface for the new co-ordinate? It will be very helpful for me if you please explain the "Creating co-ordinate system deffination"  menu. A snap shot of the  "Creating co-ordinate system deffination" is given below:

14.JPG

I tried to select the orizin of the spherical system same as the rectanguler  system. Did i put the right values.

Thanks in advance

Simanto

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report