Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sig Figs in Result Annotations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrewdroth
1890 Views, 2 Replies

Change Sig Figs in Result Annotations

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the significant figures (decimal places) of Results annotations.

For example, if I show max/min values with the \M and \m tags the show up with three decimal places by default and I'd like to change it to 3 sig figs.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: andrewdroth

I am not aware of any controls that lets the user adjust the numbers in the annotations. I think there is no control for true significant digits where a value of 123456.7 to 2 significant digits would be 120000, and to 4 significant digits would be 123500.

The number of decimal places can be controlled in the legend (Results Contours > Settings > Legend Properties > Legend Properties) and for probes (Results Contours > Settings > Legend Properties > Probe Settings). Looks like both of those have some intelligence to preserve the number of significant digits for really small numbers. So a value of 0.123456 to 2 decimal places would be 0.12, but a value of 0.00123456 to "2 decimal places" would be 1.23E-3.

Message 3 of 3
andrewdroth
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Yeah,

Having the same decimal control in the annotations would also be handy. Or even have decimal setting linked instead of two different settings.

And I can also understand why sig fig settings might be a bad idea.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums