Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD Load Curve

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
911 Views, 2 Replies

CFD Load Curve

I have some questions related to CFD:

- I applied a fan surface to produce an external intake of 700 CFM.

- does the multiplier in the load curve have an influence on the results value? (Ex. Multiplier=0.5, does it mean that I have to double the velocity result I get?)

- what would be the ideal load curve in order to achieve convergence and get reasonable result numbers?

- what should I consider (Tips) when performing CFD.

Thanks for the feedback..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

+ The load curve multiplier does affect the fan. So a multiplier of 0.5 and fan input of 700 CFM results in 350 CFM.

+ The ideal load curve depends on the situation. In some cases (low flow rate), it may be acceptable to start the multiplier at 1 and keep it constant (assuming that's what the flow does in reality). This approach can "skip" any instabilities that may occur if you ramp the load from 0. This is especially true with steady fluid flow. In other cases (high flow rate), it may be necessary to ramp the load curve multiplier from 0 or some other "small" value up to the desired rate. Because fluid flow is such a nonlinear process (just think of vortex shedding in a steady wind), it may not be possible to get to full load in the first calculation step.

+ For some tips, please read the following page in the documentation ("Help > Contents"): Autodesk Algor Simulation > Analysis Types > Fluid Flow > Modeling Considerations

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Thanks..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report