Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select nodes to apply a boundary condition

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
423 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot select nodes to apply a boundary condition

Hi,

I am new to Algor and am trying to solve a simple truss problem.  I have all the parts entered and have entered the information for each, material, cross sectional area, truss element.  I am trying to select the nodes so that I can apply boundary conditions, but it seems that I am only able to select the construction nodes, because when I right click I get a box that says inquire.  I cannot get the box to pop up that will allow me to click add and then apply cboundary condition.

Any help?  Also is there a tutorial for new users somewhere?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome.

My guess is that you have placed construction nodes at each joint, perhaps to make it easier to draw your structure. To prevent selecting a construction node, hide them by using "View > Options > Construction Vertices". Then when you are in "Selection > Select > Vertices", you should be able to select the nodes where you want to apply the constraints and loads.

Additional examples of various analysis and model types can be found at these location within the software:

• Help > Contents > Autodesk Algor Simulation > Examples
  • Help > Tutorials

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report