Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Stefan2653
2358 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot cancel job

Hi,

I was running a modal analysis in Simulation Mechanical 2015 and canceled it in the Job Manager. As posted previously, it is taking a while to cancel. However, after 1.5 hours, it's getting a little ridiculous. I resorted to shutting down all applications and processes obviously associated with Simulation, including AlgFrame, Job Manager, and all images associated with Simulation in the Resource Monitor. I have even rebooted my computer, to no avail. The job remains stuck at 80% and won't stop.

Although I can work the model in the Simulation Mechanical application, if I try to rerun it, it queues up behind the job the manager thinks is still running. Any further analysis models I attempt to run just sit there as "scheduled" and won't budge.

Does anyone know how I can cancel the "running" job and continue working? I have exhausted all obvious options. I have a backup, so I don't really care if the model becomes corrupted by a forced process shutdown.

Thanks.

Stefan

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Stefan2653
in reply to: Stefan2653

Update... the only way I could clear the job manager and to run other jobs was to completely uninstall Simulation Mechanical and reinstall it. I think job manager needs some work.

Stefan

Message 3 of 9
michwmichw
in reply to: Stefan2653

I'm having the same problem.  Stuck at 80%.  I cannot cancel the job via windows task manager, computer reboots, etc.  Would be nice to get a response.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 4 of 9

Yes, this is very frustrating.  I'm running 2016, and it's having the same issue.  

Message 5 of 9

Message 6 of 9

Wow.  It's easier just to reboot than all of that.  Would be cool if there was a "stop analysis" button that worked just by clicking it.  Crazy thought...I know...lol

Message 7 of 9

Sometimes even a software and computer reboot will not clear the job.  Then I use this method.

Message 8 of 9

Jeez...then thanks for sharing.  Rebooting the computer did it for me, but if not, I guess I'll have to use that method.  Thanks again.

Message 9 of 9
Stefan2653
in reply to: michwmichw

Yes, the article in the link is about the only thing that works for me - and it does work. I have never been able to get the reboot to work.

Seems like a function within job manager could easily be added in to perform the clearing function with one click. This problem happens quite often with me.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report