Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open STEP and Inventor files (.aim ; .ipt)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
thomas.decoppel
1006 Views, 6 Replies

Can't open STEP and Inventor files (.aim ; .ipt)

Hello,

I am trying to learn to work with Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2014.

I am following the turorials from http://help.autodesk.com/view/ASMECH/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-009DE8AC-584D-4D86-954B-CEEF327860B7

But I already have A problem opening the STEP file.

When I open it, notthing happens and all the buttons on the ribbons become grey and unclickable.

1.JPG

I also can't close Autodesk Mechanical Simulation anymore. I have to close it with Windwos task manager.

When i try to open a .iam or .ipt file, that I have created with Autodesk Inventor 2014, it first gives this message:

2.JPG

When I click Yes, it does nothing. But the buttons in the ribbon stay clickable.

I have no idee what I have to do now.

I am running these programs on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

For both Inventor and Mechanical Simulation I have installed the newer Service Packs.

Can somebody help me with this?

I have searched the internet and this forum, but it seems no one has had this problem.

Thanks

Thomas

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Thomas,

I suggest that you search the discussion group for Windows 8.1. I recall a recent post that indicated that Windows 8.1 is not supported and has shown a problem or two with Simulation Mechanical. I do not recall the details beyond that.

Message 3 of 7

Hi thomas.recoppel!

Did you solve your problem?

I'm trying to run simulation mechanicla with windows 8.1 64bits and i have the same problem.

Can you tell me how you solved it?

Best regards.

@thomas.decoppel wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to learn to work with Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2014.

I am following the turorials from http://help.autodesk.com/view/ASMECH/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-009DE8AC-584D-4D86-954B-CEEF327860B7

But I already have A problem opening the STEP file.

When I open it, notthing happens and all the buttons on the ribbons become grey and unclickable.

1.JPG

I also can't close Autodesk Mechanical Simulation anymore. I have to close it with Windwos task manager.

When i try to open a .iam or .ipt file, that I have created with Autodesk Inventor 2014, it first gives this message:

2.JPG

When I click Yes, it does nothing. But the buttons in the ribbon stay clickable.

I have no idee what I have to do now.

I am running these programs on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

For both Inventor and Mechanical Simulation I have installed the newer Service Packs.

Can somebody help me with this?

I have searched the internet and this forum, but it seems no one has had this problem.

Thanks

Thomas

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

No I didn't find a solution.

I donwgraded my computer to windows 7 and then it worked fine.

My kind regards,

Thomas

Message 5 of 7

Hi lucamposviana,

Simulation Mechanical 2014 does not support Windows 8.1, you will need to either upgrade to Simulation Mechanical 2015 or downgrade to Windows 8.0 or Windows 7.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 6 of 7

Thank's man.
I'll try the Simulation Mechanical 2015... Or downgrad to Windows 7 too.

Have a nice day.

Luiz
Message 7 of 7

Hi Andrew.
Thank you for your advice... I'll stop trying. It is stressing me. I'll try to run Simulation Mechanical 2015 or downgrad my OS.

Thank you!

Luiz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report