Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bi Linear Material Property

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sriramsheval
540 Views, 2 Replies

Bi Linear Material Property

Hi,

Can any one please help me to assign Bi Linear Material Property in Autodesk Multiphysics 2012.

For an analysis, I need to assign bi linear material property for Aluminum, how should I do that?

Should I go for Static Stress with linear material model or non linear analysis

Thanks in advance

Sriram

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: sriramsheval

Hi Sriram,

Anything that is not perfectly linear requires the analysis type of "Nonlinear > X". You can use static stress with nonlinear materials but only if your model is statically stable in all conditions throughout the analysis. Otherwise, use MES with nonlinear materials because the inertia (mass) adds a degree of stability that static stress lacks.

Then, use the Element Definition for the nonlinear parts to choose the material model. I assume you want an elastic-plastic material model for your analysis in order to see how the aluminum yields. If so, you want to use the material model "von Mises with ____ hardening".

Now for the clarification Smiley Happy. Contact is not a pure linear solution, but it can be solved in linear stress using an iterative approach. That is the only "nonlinear" aspect to linear stress that I can think of.

Message 3 of 3
sriramsheval
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply,

I just checked on the options, what you said.

I found 4 options under "von Mises with (isotropic, kinematics... Etc)____ hardening".

I will Google about these options and let me select a suitable one.

For Further clarification will get back to you

Thanks Again Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report