Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automesh of solidworks model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
holzhad
459 Views, 1 Reply

automesh of solidworks model

My students create model using solidworks and import it into autodesk sim, then mesh it using autodesk tools and all is well.

When the analysis is run, the code remshes the problem, but not always.

Can this remeshing be controlled?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: holzhad

Hi Dr.,

I suspect the software is working properly, and the students are not understanding how the meshing works. There are two steps to meshing.

Step 1 is to generate the surface mesh. This is done when the user clicks the mesh button.

Step 2 is to generate the solid mesh. By default, this is done the first time the user clicks the "Check Model" or runs the simulation. I think this is the behavior that your students are noticing. The reason to do it when the analysis starts is to combine the time intensive activities (solid meshing and analysis) together.

If you prefer to do the entire mesh, surface and solid, when the mesh button is clicked, this can be set from "Mesh > Mesh > 3D Mesh Settings > Options ... > Model" and uncheck "Perform solid meshing at time of analysis".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report