Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
scudelari
266 Views, 3 Replies

Automation

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to automate Simulation much the same way as it is possible with Inventor? 

I'd like to do something in the guidelines of this :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17324828

Sincerely

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
scudelari
in reply to: scudelari

Nobody? 

I suppose it is not possible. I installed Visual Studio but couldn't find the interop DLL, as it exists for Inventor.

Is there any other way?

This is a pity...

Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: scudelari

You are correct that there is currently no API for the Autodesk Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, there may be other ways to do it, either within the software or by writing programs to access the input (either the model in the .FEM file, or the files in the .MOD folder which are used by the processor).

By the way, is there something in particular that you want to do, or just a general desire?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
scudelari
in reply to: John_Holtz

Dear AstroJohn,

Thank you for your assistance, Basically I am trying to solve the following issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation/Rigid-Link-between-EDGES-Best-way-to-do-it/m-p/322...

Since I couldn't find a way to explode the lines of the surface generated automatically using the Contact Elements function, I though about implementing the function myself. I am a programmer myself and if there would be an interop API this would be piece of cake to make. 

Anyway, as I asked in the other question, is there a way to accomplish what I need without having to create the lines of the rigid link manually?

I am in this exact moment creating manually the 104 lines necessary 🙂

Thanks a lot for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report