Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics beginner

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
874 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics beginner

Hey,

I am a beginner at Autodesk Multiphysics (2012) and I need help with the basic knowledge. I want to perform a transient heat transfer and I could really use some info on different "steps" on what to do and how to do it. I have been trying to run some simulations in the program but every time I run the simulation an error occurs. I haven't found a good tutorial either.

I know this is a big question but I could really use some help. 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi sarwid-9

If you are using version 2012, you can go to the examples in the documentation "Getting Started > Help > In-Product Help > Autodesk Simulation > Examples > Transient Heat Transfer" or access it from the following web address. With the new 2013 version, all of the documentation is online, so just following this link.

For 2012 online examples

For 2013 online examples

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks John!

I have another question. When I choose "Controlled temperature" for a surface or node, I want the temperature to change over time. I know that I can do this by fill in values in the table when clicking "curve". What I wonder is about the column "Multiplier", do I fill in a value there that will be multiplied with the initial temperature that I define in the previous step? Or how does that curve function? 

My initial temperature is 20 degrees Celsius and I want it to increase to 310 degrees, do I just fill in 15,5 in the multiplier column to achieve this?

Thank you,

Sara

Message 4 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Are you referring to the dialog that when you activate (check) the box "Varies with time", the controls above it become active? If this is the case, the temperature at any time is equal to [magnitude] + [load curve multiplier] * scale factor / stiffness, where the two items in [ ] are user input.

So, the "Multiplier" column (identified on the "Curve" dialog) or the "Factor" column (identified on the "Setup > Model Setup > Parameters > Load Curves") is added to the entered magnitude.

But you already found this out because you ran the analysis and saw that the results were not what you expected. Right? Smiley Wink

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report