Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Crashing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
timsefton
656 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Crashing

Running Autodesk Sinulation through Paralles 7 (windows 7) on a Mac - the program comes up and can load a part but the miniet I go to mesh it or do anything the program crashes - any thoughts ?  I've forwared the crash reports to Autodesk several times but have not heard back any type of reply.  Autodesk Inventor is running fine on this environment.  Any thoughts ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
timsefton
in reply to: timsefton

The program opens and even loads in a part, but as soon as I go to mesh the part or any other action - it crashes - 

While the part is opening - I get an unable to open database table message regardign the ds.mod files - not sure what that means.

Message 3 of 7
John_Holtz

Hi Tim,

Have you tried running the software on a PC instead of a Mac? My guess is that the difference in architecture is causing the problem.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 7
timsefton
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback - Yes, I don't have a Windows machine at this point that I can load it on - The thing is, Inventor Professional works fine on this environment and Simulation installs and opens but just can't seem to go - I think it may be some type of file read / write access permission but can't track it down.

Tim

Message 5 of 7
hupn

Hi,

Just one thought. How about create a virtual window 7 to verify the issue? VMware has something called VMware Fusion and you may have a try. I have no personal experience with it though.

hupn

Message 6 of 7
timsefton
in reply to: hupn

I'll check it out.

Thanks Hupn

Message 7 of 7
timsefton
in reply to: hupn

You were right - simulation works with VMWare Fusion !  

Wonder why Autodesk is pushing Parelles and not VMWare Fusion.

Thanks for the sugestion

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report