In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Service Pack 1 for Autodesk Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics 2013, which fixes or addresses a variety of issues pertaining to the program. This service pack updates Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 & Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013 for all supported languages.
You can download the SP1 for the 2013 sowftware from the following link:
Anyone else get an error during installation that it is unable to upgrade MDAC 2.8 because the operating system isn't supported?
I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, with Simulation Multi Physics 2013 in 64 bit.
PS: the latest version of Simulation mechanical is 2014 Service Pack 1 + Hotfix 1
I´ve installed simulation mechanical on a new OS installed workstation Win8.1 with no problems or errors.
But when i want to apply the SP1 i got the error with mdac 2.8 that OS isn´t supported.
I know that mdac is component of OS till XP but later i don´t know if it is used anymore.
So why mdac 2.8, which is 10 years or older, is needed for simulation 2014 SP1??
Autodesk Simulation 2013 does not support Win 8.1
That is the issue
System Requirements for Autodesk Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics 2013
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics 2013 (32-bit, 64-bit Windows)
Windows(r) 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise (SP1); Windows XP Professional (32-bit: SP3, 64-bit: SP2); Windows Server(r) 2003, 2008 R2 SP11
* Intel(r) Pentium(r) 4, Intel Xeon(r), Intel Core(tm), AMD Athlon(tm) II, or AMD Opteron(tm) processor or later (2 GHz CPU speed or higher)1
* 2 GB RAM or higher1,2
* 500 GB hard drive or higher (SCSI: 15000 RPM, SATA: 10000 RPM)
* 30 GB or higher of free disk space (8 GB free disk space for installation)
* 512 MB DRAM or higher OpenGL-capable graphics card
* 24-bit color setting at 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution
* DVD-ROM drive3
* Microsoft(r) mouse-compliant pointing device
* Web browser
* Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware Access