Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application of internal pressure to Vessel

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CPEProjE
377 Views, 1 Reply

Application of internal pressure to Vessel

ADS Forum,

Hello again!!! We made serious headway with determining problems in our mesh and those have been corrected... school of hard knocks.

Now, for our next question, when we apply an internal pressure load to our vessel, is there a way to restrict  or confine the pressure within a specified length of a particular part WITHOUT having to segment the part?

Thank you much,

CPEProjE

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: CPEProjE

That is going to be very difficult as pressure load can only be applied to surfaces. Surface Variable Pressure requires you to input equations. You can try that if you know hw to define the equation for you load, but I don't know how to define a step function and I don't think it's practical.

The most ideal method that I recommend is that you go back to CAD and simply perform a split surface (do not split solids as that would create a new part) at the boundaries of your applied load.

If you really cannot go back to CAD, then you can assign a different surface number to the surface that you want to apply the load. This can be done inside Sim Mech.

1. Select lines that are contained inside the surface of the applied load

2. right-click > Edit Attributes...

3. Type in an unused surface number, OK

Now you can select the newly defined surface and apply your load. Note that you will need to trigger the solid mesh manually now (select part > right-click > create solid mesh) and everytime you remesh you model, you will need to make the surface number change again. That is why going back to CAD is the best approach.

I don't know any other way besides these.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report