I am having the same issue. It only shows the displacement and not the stress in the analysis. I tried saving my file in different locations but that didn't help. HELP PLEASE! How did you fix this?
- What type of analysis are you running?
- What version of the software are you using?
- What error messages, if any, are given in the log file and summary file. (These can be viewed from the Report environment.)
Simulation Mechanical user since Dec 1997
The previous responsed did not help me - I have a similar proble to the ones already discussed. Here is what I've done:
1. I have a relatively simple flat plate with 6 holes.
2. The constraints are fixed and are the interiors of the holes.
3. I perform a modal analysis and get the frequencies
4. Define a new scenario (random vib) (all analysis is linear by the way)
5. Edit the analysis parameters, have displacment data and stress data clicked, go on to the "Analysis Data" button
6. Use modal results from scenario 1
7. Set to g squared per Hz
8. Cluster is clicked
9 Random vib input spectrum is "1-Input Spectrum 1, ID is 1, Title is "Input Spectrum 1" (apparently all defaults)
10 PSD is in Z direction, no cross spectral densities selected
11. Entered the PSD, 20 Hz = 0.026, 50 Hz = 0.16, 800 Hz = 0.16, and 2000 = 0.026 (the list includes a blank line, cannot delete)
12. Click OK, run the sim, get the message "The analysis of "blah blah blah" (the run file information).ds" did not result in any Displacement or Stress results!"
Note that the blah blah blah file information is long - my data is on a server and there are many characters including spaces in the folder location and the file name itself.
Hopefully you all have some suggestion that will get me back on track.
Some of the solvers in Simulation Mechanical are limited to ~120 characters for the path of the file. Could you try saving the file to location with a shorter path something like C:\Temp and see if that works? Also try removing any non-standard charcters that may appear in the path or filename, this would be characters like ø, æ, ß.
I think I figured this our - I watched a tutorial on this analysis and learned that the simulation will not be a success unless there is sufficient mass participation. I increased the frequency span of the modal analysis such that there were 20 modes calculated. This increased my three orthogonal mass participations to be greater than 80 percent. Now the random vibe sim works.
Question (I will also be looking on the nets): What is meant by Mass Participation?