Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
943 Views, 13 Replies

Algor V2010

We have Inventor and Algor (since before Algor was bought by Inventor) and have version 23.1 of Algor but I can't find any info about V2010. What's new? Where can I get the software update? I have tried contacting our account manager but I am not getting a response...

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rsakella
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having delays with getting access to the new release of Algor software. The Algor and Autodesk business processes are currently being integrated (as part of the acquisition) and we are working to complete this process as soon as possible.

In order for us to track the progress of your case, please respond to this posting by sending an email with your account and contact information to me at PM.Simulation@autodesk.com

Best regards,
Ravi

Ravi Akella
Product Manager, Mechanical Simulation
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Dear,

I cannot find any key on http://students2.autodesk.com/?nd=m_downloads&product_id=10105 page. I would like to install this software, but how to register it?

with kind regards
krokik
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks Ravi.

Message was sent 10/7/09. I hope to hear from you guys soon.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

What is the deal with the "old" existing Algor customers with Software Update and Support (SUS) subscriptions. It seems that we have been ignored. I believe that the Autodesk Algor Simulation 2010 release has been "available" since the end of August, but I have been provided with no information as to how to download the software that I know is there, nor have I been given any information regarding updating the license server add-on I purchased. And as icing on the cake, it seems that there is minimal support available (customer support answers on the 15th ring, and all I can get to talk to someone about this issue is a voice mail for a person that may or may not even be working there anymore). This is a pretty sad way to take care of the Algor customer base that Autodesk has a responsibility to support as per our subscription contract.

What is going on?

Regards,

John Lamendola
Algor License: AE58118
Message 6 of 14
mamorim

I have to agree, I too am a current Algor customer and SUS subscriber and there has been absolutely no communication regarding this transition or how this would affect us. This is definitely far from being an isolated case, I suspect that most people are in the same situation (Algor's website still announces v23.1 as being the latest update). I can see where this is heading and it is not looking good...
Message 7 of 14
G.Barozzi

There is also another thing I think is to be defined clearly by Autodesk with regards to the old Algor customers, since the previous Algor software was available in a lot of flavors: it was a kind of “modular” software.
Now, Autodesk gives only one possibility (from what I can argue from the official documentation): Autodesk Algor Simulation containing all the previous Algor offers: Linear static stress, Non-linear, Mechanical event simulation, CFD, Multiphisics.
As a customer owning the license for Linear Static Stress only, I’d like to know how Autodesk will manage this situation:
1. will I be encouraged to switch to Autodesk Algor 2010 by a kind of trade-in offer?
2. will I need to buy Autodesk Algor 2010 at full price and start a new Subscription from scratch?

I wish Autodesk was clear with the previous Algor customers and make them a software transition proposal before some other FEA software manufacturer could do it.
I am an Algor customer since 1997, my SUS will expire on December, 31 and I hope not to be forced to throw away all these years of SUS, study and courses.

Special thanks to Algor personnel for the great support offered in the past years: I hope Autodesk may do the same in the next years.

Regards
G. Barozzi

Algor License Number DI31568
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

From what I understand there will still be different "levels" of software to buy...

Still no response from Ravi or Autodesk/Algor about or situation. Pretty sad
Message 9 of 14
G.Barozzi

I hope you are right.
I have re-read the brochure but it does not seem to me so clear.
However, the fact that we are here discussing between us what should be as clear as black-on-white means that the lack of communication from Autodesk about this product is nearly total.

Regards
G. Barozzi
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

The response from Autodesk/Algor about V2010 is that they are "actively working to ascertain the date when you will receive the software." So there it is...
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

I just got a message that our software is on its way and that it should be here in the next couple days.

I hope it is the same for the rest of you guys.
Message 12 of 14
rsakella

Hello,

As per my previous post, please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to dispatch the latest versions of Algor software.

If you have additional questions or need more information, please send us an email including your contact details at PM.Simulation@autodesk.com and we will follow up with you directly.

Thanks and best regards,
Ravi
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I have been using the Algor simulation software since 1985. My SUS expires in April 2010 and I cannot get any updates past 23.1. Autodesk/Algor wants me to do a 1 year update for a cost of about $7500. I expect to have the latest software for the money and loyalty shown for a number of years. The remaining months of support are useless.

The Autodesk acquisition was/is not good for existing customers.
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I agree, really sad what happens here. Probably even illegal that Autodesk doesn't supply upgrades to existing Algor users with current SUS. My solicitor is presently checking on that. How could anybody trust a company with this kind of business practices?

Wolfgang Fischer
www.FEA-Solutions.co.uk

Edited by: Wufy on Dec 3, 2009 2:49 PM Edited by: Wufy on Dec 3, 2009 2:56 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report