Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor to test aerodynamics of student created Inventor prototype dragsters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
856 Views, 1 Reply

Algor to test aerodynamics of student created Inventor prototype dragsters

As a part of our Project Lead the Way Pre-Engineering program, our 7th graders design and 3D model a prototype dragster which we then create out of wood and race.  I was hoping Inventor 2011 had the ability to create a fluid dynamic "windtunnel" so my students can see how their design choices affect the aerodynaqmic efficiency of the vehicle.  Our AutoDesk sales rep suggested using Algor to test the fluid dynamics of the race cars.    Well, I'm looking for a quick and easy way to load student work into Algor and test them without a huge learning curve. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Brady

Industrial Technology Instructor

Eagle Ridge Jr High

Savage, Mn

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joey.X
in reply to: Anonymous

Steve,

Yop can search a recent thread titled as "CFD for Air Flow Modeling",  I had some detail inputs regarding to model setup in "wind tunnel" like approach, And I attached ready-to-use archive file as examples.

For aerodynamic efficiency, one needs to evaluate the reaction force (and futher pressure distribution on object surfaces) after the CFD simulation, which is partial of Algor's post-process.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report