Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor software

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gianluca.gottardi
1422 Views, 6 Replies

Algor software

Anyone knows how to buy/fInd the software ALGOR Linear Dynamic Analysis Extender?
I have the ALGOR Professional Static/ LM and I w'd like to complete it.
Please let me know.
Sincerely.
Gianluca Gottardi
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Gianluca,

ALGOR products are no longer available for purchase after the acqusition by Autodesk. If you'd like I can have someone from the sales organization reach out to you about transitioning to Simulation Mechanical which includes most of the FEA components from ALGOR.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 7

I have made a quick check and it appears that all the functionality of the ALGOR Linear Dynamic Analysis Extender are covered in the Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (the current vesion is 2015, the 2016 version is currently in beta) - it now provides a single packaging covering the functionality of all Algor products (except CFD, covered by Autodesk Simulation CFD). I guess if you are upgrading from a pre-Autodesk version of Algor you qualify for a discount.

Message 4 of 7

Dear Mr. Sartorelli,

Thanks to your answer, now there is another problem, I had to change my pc and I need to reinstall the Algor software but when I try to collect the license with the online licensing the answer is <<The license file request failed to be transmitted to ALGOR. There may be a temporary problem at ALGOR or on the Internet. Please try again or contact your ALGOR service team>>.

It seems that the service is no longer available (internet connection is ok).

I absolutely need this license first because I paid it and second because I have a lot of project done with this software and I need to acces to them.

Please let me know ASAP.

Sincerely

Gianluca Gottardi

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gianluca (@gianluca.gottardi)

In the future, you should create a new post. First, this topic appears to be a new issue, and second, some people may not read a "solved" issue. But I will be glad to help you here (and we can create a new post if it becomes appropriate).

What version are you trying to license? Is it an ALGOR version or an Autodesk version? (Hopefully the licensing or installer will indicate specifically what version you have, or maybe the installation media will indicate the version. If none of those indicate the version, then use Windows Explorer to view the Properties of the file ssap0.exe in the installation folder. What is the "File version" or "Date modified" for that file?)

Since the feedback message specifically mentioned ALGOR, my guess is that you are using older software. Note that the company ALGOR has not existed for almost 10 years, so it may not be possible to license it any longer. (But I do not know since licensing is handled by the installation and licensing team.)

Note that the software that was ALGOR and became Autodesk Simulation Mechanical is no longer sold, so you cannot even purchase the latest software to access your models!

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 6 of 7

Hi Mr. Holtz,

yes I have an Algor version 21.1.

Message 7 of 7

Hi Mr. Gottardi,

Regrettably, we're unable to generate new licenses for this product.

As a courtesy to legacy ALGOR customers, Autodesk maintained a server to generate new licenses files for this old product for a number of years, however due to security concerns the server was decommissioned. (The format of the license file used by Autodesk software is different than the format used by ALGOR software, so the current license files will not work.)

I am sorry, but I do not have any suggestions.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report