Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor Simulation Express 2011 won't install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1837 Views, 6 Replies

Algor Simulation Express 2011 won't install

Hi Everybody,

after not using an old version I once bought and which does no longer run, I wanted to look at Algor Simulation again, and downloaded Algor Simulation Express 2011 64bit from an Autodesk web site.

After the installer has unpacked most data, it prompts for an activation key and opens another Autodesk web site from where do obtain it.

Unfortunately, this code is then rejected by the installer and an error message comes up telling me the code was incorrect. I can then only cancel installation. I guess the code is not generated new each time someone asks, as it is pretty straightforward derived from the product name.

Did I miss something? Is the code maybe from an old (2010?) build?

Can you help me getting started?

Best regards,

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Tim.Nong
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Martin,

The code is not from 2010 version but will be calculated again once you registered on Autodesk web page: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13792675&siteID=123112.

It will be displayed on the web site after registering sucessfully.

554iB069591D08E32EC9

Could you please try again?

Tim

Algor Simulation QA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Tim,

thank you for answering. I tried to register several times and each time the web site displayed the same activation key, so I doubt it is calculated new each time. I looked up what key I got when I was about to try the 2010 version, and it appears it is still the same today (which was why I gave up on the 2010 version, then).  Even if I try 2011 from home or work, it does not matter, the key on the web site is still the same: "ALGSIMEXPRESSEXT", which - besides not working -  does not look like a very safe or secure thing at all, but rather like an abbreviation of the product name. Is the key supposed to be calculated by the web site or on my machine, then? Is it maybe a Java issue, then?  Does it have issues with certain firewall settings?

Best Regards,

Martin

Message 4 of 7
Tim.Nong

Martin,

If your machine has Inventor, this code is correct. I believe this code calculation mechanism is by designed but not related to any other issues.

Please use following step to install your Algor Simulation Express 2011 again:
1. Invoke SimExpressInstallLauncher.exe
2. Input this code on the initial dialog > Next
3. Install Algor Express

Hope it helps.

Tim

Algor Simulation QA

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Tim ,

Thank you for the info. My machine does in fact not have inventor. So, I don't know why I get the inventor code. If I follow your steps, after inserting this code in the installer dialog, I get a message that this code is not accepted and am provided with either the choice to try again or abort the installer.

So, are you trying to tell me that I need Inventor in order to run Algor Simulation Express, or is there just an issue with obtaining the right key? From reading the web site and other sources I understood it will work as a stand alone application, just like our old version of Algor Design Check did, as long as it did, that is. My trouble is that Design Check does no longer run since I am on Win7, and our release was quite outdated anyway. I need to look at the current release and then see what we can do with it.

Best regards,

Martin

Message 6 of 7
Tim.Nong

Martin,

Inventor is not necessary, but it really has something issue while obtaining install code at this time. Smiley Sad

If the evaluation of Algor Simulation 2011 is absolutely required, please call your local Autodesk reseller to get a trial version, or go to Autodesk Student Community and find Algor Simulation Professional 2011 with educational license.

Thanks,

Tim

Algor Simulation QA

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Tim.Nong

Contact reseller, yes, that's what I did in parrellel to this. I just got a DVD that requests me to insert "Disc 1" half way down the installation process, when it comes to intstalling DirectX, though I already have the latest version. I have the choice to try again or cancel the installation. No way out, here. If a software is so hard to get going, what problems might it reveal once it runs?

Best regards and thank you for taking the time,

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report