Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
477 Views, 5 Replies

Algor MES

I read the MES part and i understood the " duration " and " capture rate " function for ALGOR SOFTWARE; but, if i want to simulate a 10 minutes event, how i can convert this information in the two data?? I know that one way to determine an adequate time step size is through the use of a modal analysis: it' always good?

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
zhuangs
in reply to: Anonymous

You can input "duration" as 600 s.  And you can adjust "capture rate" based on how many time steps you want.

The "Number of time steps" = "duration" * "capture rate".

-Shoubing 

mprearo wrote:

I read the MES part and i understood the " duration " and " capture rate " function for ALGOR SOFTWARE; but, if i want to simulate a 10 minutes event, how i can convert this information in the two data?? I know that one way to determine an adequate time step size is through the use of a modal analysis: it' always good?

Thank you in advance

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: zhuangs

Thanks a lot

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Anyway i've an another question: the program reporting me that : " the nodal corrdinate is smaller than the globally deifiend lower bound wall "...What kind of warning is this???

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Manuel

Message 5 of 6
John_Holtz

According to the documentation (Help > Autodesk Simulation > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Set Up Analyses Part 3 > Perform Analyses - Run Simulation > Perform Nonlinear Analyses), part of your model is on the wrong side of the impact plane. It's as if the model has already passed through the plane.

So you need to check where your model is located in space relative to the impact plane, and then check the input for the impact plane. Keep in mind that the model needs to be on the positive side (larger coordinate) of a "floor" and on the negative side (smaller coordinate) of a "ceiling".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks a lot!! i save this this page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report