Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor MES: Run-time error '91'

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SteveKS
761 Views, 6 Replies

Algor MES: Run-time error '91'

I'm getting the following error when I try to modify the analysis parameters of an MES with nonlinear materials model: "Run-time error '91' Object variable or With block variable not set".  Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Autodesk Algor Simulation MES 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zhuangs
in reply to: SteveKS

You can try the following method:

1. Select "Run..." from "Start" Menu on your PC.

2. Type "regedit" and press "Enter".

3. Find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA

Program Settings\Element Material Specification" folder in the registry editor tree.

4. Click on the "Element Material Specification" folder, then right click, and select "Delete" to delete the folder.

5. Close the registry editor and reboot your PC.  Then re-run the software.

-Shoubing

Message 3 of 7
SteveKS
in reply to: zhuangs

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not solve the problem.  Still getting the same error.

Steve

Message 4 of 7
SaMurgie
in reply to: SteveKS

Hi Steve

What version was the model originally created in and which version are you trying to modify it?

Regards,
Sam

Message 5 of 7
dean.rose
in reply to: SaMurgie

Hi Steve,

I wanted to follow up and see if this issue was resolved. I have run across this from time to time and noticed it can occur when pushing a model from Solidworks to Simulation Mechanical. Is this similar to your experience. One method I have found to resolve the issue is to push the assembly to Fusion. Resave the model, then push it back into Simulation Mechanical. This forces some of the settings to be reconfigured, but appears to resolve the problem so the analysis can be completed.

If you are still experiencing this issue and would like some assistance feel free to contact Autodesk Support or respond to this thread. I would be glad to assist further.

Thanks,

Dean

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Dean Rose
Message 6 of 7

Hi Steve,

I am also experiencing this issue. I have deleted this database registry as suggested above and am working exclusively in Autodesk Inventor/Simulation and still am getting the error. The occurrence of the error seems to be when I prevent the solver from automatically reducing the size of the time step while solving.

While this can be avoided (and I would appreciate any tips people have for reducing sim time without this function!), it would be nicer to have the issue resolved in its entirety.

Thanks,

Max

Message 7 of 7

Hi @max.taylor-smith

This issue has been resolved in Simulation Mechanical 2017. Upgrading to the 2017 version will help to bypass this in the future. 

If not able to upgrade to the 2017 version, the constant time step size can be turned off by editing the database manually using these steps:

1. Close the model if it is open (Application button > "Close")
  2. Translate the database ("Tools > Options > Database Translation") from the native format (*.dbf) to text files
  3. Use Notepad or another text editor to edit the file model.csv. The file is located in the "ds_data\design scenario #\ds.mod" folder associated with the model name (such as "bracket.ds_data\2\ds.mod").
  4. Locate the line Accupak.Runtime.AutoTM.NoUse,1,
  5. Change the value from 1 to 0
  6. Save the file
  7. Translate the text files ("Tools > Options > Database Translation") back to the native format (*.dbf)
  8. Open the model. The Analysis Parameters can now be accessed.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report