Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor-Inventor Interface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
haolam
514 Views, 2 Replies

Algor-Inventor Interface

Hello,

After I updated my model in Inventor (for example, I added a hole to my model) and clicked on Mesh (in Addins option) to update the model in Algor, and when I did that all the constraints and loads from the original model disappeared, and only the remote loads that I had on the model remained. Please show me how I can update my model without losing the constraints and loads. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: haolam

Hi,

Were your loads and constraints added to the vertices (nodes), or some other geometry (edge or surface)? Only the edge and surface loads are associative with the Inventor model; that is, they will remain on the model after making a change to the CAD model. The following page has some more details in the section Associativity between CAD and Autodesk Algor Simulation:

"Help > Autodesk Algor Simulation > Opening Models > Introduction > Open CAD Files > Import CAD Solid Models with CAD Application"

If there is still a problem, please let us know what version of Inventor and Autodesk Algor Simulation you are using.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
haolam
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

The loads and constraints were applied to surfaces. I'm using Algor 2011 and Inventor 2010. I still can't make algor retain the loads and constraints after I updated the model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report