Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add preload to full bolt model?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1065 Views, 2 Replies

Add preload to full bolt model?

In reading through the help section I see the option mentioned to, Model the fastener with brick elements.  Basically import a model of the bolt, most likely simplified, and use it.  I've done this in Ansys Workbench and applied preload to the bolt model.  Is that possible in Simulation 2012?  I know we can apply preload to a beam element representation of a bolt, but I wanted to do it to a simplified bolt model.

If it can't be done directly are there any recommendations of how to fake a preload on a bolt model, like with thermal loads or a separate external load?

Thanks for the help.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ladrj,

I suggest to not model and import the bolts, just use the bolted connection generator (see help files or web wiki for more inofrmation) inside the Simulation software.

Cheers

Matthias 

Message 3 of 3
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the WIKI page talking about bolt/fasteners/beam pre-load etc., even a little bit modifying bolts in CAD models.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Autodesk_Simulation/enu/2012/Help/0113-Mesh_Mod113/0114-Mesh_Ove114/011...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report