Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Tree error after installing 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LeonardLane1474
639 Views, 4 Replies

Active Tree error after installing 2013

Has anyone else seen an error about Active Tree running in demo mode after installing multiphysics 2013? I contacted support and they said it is Active Tree is not an autodesk product and sent me a link to the active tree website and told me to contact them about licensing.  It happens when I edit the material of a part. If I click OK to dismiss the message it goes away. I am attaching the error snapshot.

Seems strange to have to contact another software vendor to fix something that happens in Multiphysics.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Leonard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Leonard, This is just a guess, but try the following:

1. Close Multiphysics.
  2. Open My Computer
  3. Browse to the folder where the software is installed (typically something like C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2013)
  4. Locate the file "regall.bat"
  5. Double-click the file. A black "DOS" command window may appear. After a short period of time (maybe 0.5 to 1 minute), the window will close.
  6. Start Multiphysics.
  7. Does the problem still occur? If not, the issue was that some file did not get registered during the installation. If the problem still exists, we will go to the next step.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5

Didn't help.

I have attached the report file that shows some stuff failed. I also was going to try to right click on the setup file and run as administrator as Avto from supprot wanted me to but it tells me my connection has expired and I need to reconnect. What is that talking about?

Leonard

Message 4 of 5

Hi Leonard,

Please try this:

1. Open My Computer/Windows Explorer.
  2. If you have a 32-bit machine, browse to the "C:\Windows\System32" folder. If you have a 64-bit computer, browser to the "C:\Windows\SysWow64" folder.
  3. Look for the file "SSTree.ocx".
  4. Rename the file to something else, such as "SSTree.ocx.renamed".
  5. Now browse to the folder where Simulation is installed (like "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 201n")
  6. Locate the file "SSTree.ocx".
  7. Now, go to the Windows' "Start" button and choose "Run".
  8. In the window, type "REGSVR32" without the quotes "" and followed by a space.
  9. Next, drag the file "SSTree.ocx" from the My Computer window to the Run window. So the line will look something like REGSVR32 C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 201n\SSTree.ocx
  10. Click the OK button. You should get a message that it was registered successfully.

That should do it.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 5

Ok John, that changed the error but now when I edit material it starts windows installer and gripes about something on our manufacturing software Made 2 Manage. Picture attached.

Leonard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report