Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
jmd2598
690 Views, 3 Replies

ach files

I have a student version of Algor Simulation Professional. I am a very new user of the software. I have been going thru the tutorial files supplied with the installation. Some of the tutorials require the use of ".ach" files to complete them. The problem is that I can not seem to open them. I select a folder for the archive restore location in a sepeate "tutorial directory.

I then get the message "The license key required to use the control was not found or is invalid", followed by "unable to complete archive retrieval; the archive was extracted but no files were found to open". Is there a way I can open these files or does my license not allow it. If so how I am to complete all the tutorials? Or I am missing some important step?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: jmd2598

It seems something wrong with your ach file extraction.

A workaround is to extract the ach file with winzip or other zip package, since ach file follows zip file format.

So you can change the extension from ach to zip, and then extract it with tools. After that, you should have .fem and other data available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: jmd2598

Hello,

The problem you encountered is related to a registration problem. If you have administrator privileges, or can get an administrator, these are the steps you need.

1. Use Windows Explorer/My Computer to navigate to the installation folder for the software. (Typically "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\something" depending on which version you are using.)
  2. Locate the file "regall.bat".
  3. If using Vista or Win 7, right-click on the file and choose "Run as administrator". If using a different operating system, just double-click the file.
  4. A command window will appear while it registers the files.
  5. After the command window disappears, the archive utility should work.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
jmd2598
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you for your help. I tried using winzip and it worked very well. I will now run the bat file to see if it provides a permanent solution. again, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report