Helius Composite Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius Composite Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius Composite topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import materials into Simulation Composite Design

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
subsales
908 Views, 1 Reply

How do I import materials into Simulation Composite Design

We have been using an older version of CompositePro and have some legacy material files. Is there a way to import the files into the new program? How can this be done?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dean.rose
in reply to: subsales

Simulation Composite Design 2014

Importing a File - Use this when you only have one file you need to import. Helpful if someone has sent you a file for review.

File > Import File...

The example below illustrates importing a core material file from an existing directory on my machine.

FileImport.png

Click Import...

This will add the material and it will now be available in the material File Tree.

Note: Users are only allowed to import materials from ASCD 2014, CompositePro v4, and CompositePro v3. In order to import from previous versions, users will have to convert the files to a compatible version before importing. Some programming knowledge is necessary and not supported by Autodesk.

Importing a Material Directory - Use this when you only have multiple files you need to import. Helpful if the user is attempting to import an old directory of materials.

File > Import Directory...

The example below illustrates importing a directory of material files I copied from another machine.

FileDirectory.png

The user can manually input the location of the directory or use the folder button to browse to the location.

Click Import...

User will be prompted with a dialogue window. This will prompt the user with a message stating how many files were successfully. Click OK to continue.

FileDirectorySuccess.png

Note: Users are only allowed to import materials from ASCD 2014, CompositePro v4, and CompositePro v3. In order to import from previous versions, users will have to convert the files to a compatible version before importing. Some programming knowledge is necessary and not supported by Autodesk.

Previous versions of CompositePro v4 are handled in a similar fashion.

Dean Rose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report