Helius Composite Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius Composite Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius Composite topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in beam calculation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sgrove
458 Views, 2 Replies

Error in beam calculation?

In Composite Design 2014, I get the same calculated deflection for 'S-S Point' and 'F-F Point' boundary conditions.  Hand calculation suggests that S-S is correct and F-F is wrong.  Any suggestions/comments please...?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lebsackm
in reply to: sgrove

If possible, please give us some more information on your bending problem setup and we can try to investigate.  I just did an example problem myself and I see large differences with 'S-S Point' and 'F-F Point' for the deflection.

Thanks

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3
sgrove
in reply to: lebsackm

I've just installed 2015 on a re-imaged PC and there's no obvious problem. Seems to be a 2014 issue. Can send output if you want...

Dr Stephen Grove
Associate Professor
School of Marine Science and Engineering
Plymouth University
Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK

+44 (0) 1752 586124

Re: Error in beam calculation?

If possible, please give us some more information on your bending problem setup and we can try to investigate. I just did an example problem myself and I see large differences with 'S-S Point' and 'F-F Point' for the deflection.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report