Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing Meshing errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ekandler
415 Views, 2 Replies

Wing Meshing errors

I am trying to determine the flow properties around a wing using Autodesk CFD 2015. I created a simple wing in Solidworks and imported the part file into CFD. I used the automatic meshing tool and then refined the mesh some more. I added also am using the gap refinement and surface refinement options. When I run my analysis the mesh looks pretty good, the surface refinement is working properly, but if you look at the wing, it looks awful. The model is only 14 inches long and this test in particular had around 700,000 elements. The mesh looks good but I don't understand why it is estimating the trailing and leading edges of the wing so horribly, or what I should do to fix it. I redid the analysis with 14,000,000 elements, assuming it was just a meshing issue, and it took my computer all night to create the volume mesh, at which time I stopped the run because I couldn't let it run for 3 days. Any opinions on why its so bad or what in the meshing I can do to fix this? 

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: ekandler

It sounds like you need a balance of the two.

Can I suggest you watch last week's NACA Airfoil session that Royce hosted as that and the forum post here should help you achieve this.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
LKania
in reply to: ekandler

Can you zip and post the model file and the sharefile (.cfz)? I'd like to take a closer look at both.

Lee Kania

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report