Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct way to model semiconductor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Stravets
394 Views, 2 Replies

What is the correct way to model semiconductor?

Hi ,

I would like to know if anyone know what is the right way to model semiconductors (diodes, mosfets..) and other electronic components.

I'm looking for the most accurate way to get temperature resutls.

Thanks in advance, Miki.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: Stravets

Mikki,

For modeling a semiconductor, it will really depend on the detail you're looking to include as well as the information you have available.

As we have previously discussed, many "chips" (based on their packaging) may be modeled as CTMs and this will generally give great results. In other cases like some Mosfets it may depends on their packaging as to how you model them. SMTs might be best modeled as a CTM, or potentially a homogenous material, whereas some others like TO220's with large mounting flanges on their drain may best be modeled in more detail, segmenting the Silicon from the drain.

Apolo

Message 3 of 3
Stravets
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Hi Apolo,

It's good to hear from you.

Yes, I remember our discussions about detail modeling,

I was hoping to find users who are facing the same challenges as I am.

Maybe it's a good idea for Autodesk support team to create a library with thermal components.

I still don't understand how to to use the CTM module for T0-220 or T0-3P packages that connected to Heatsinks.

Miki.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report