Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you like about 2015 and what's missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
derrek.cooper
281 Views, 4 Replies

What do you like about 2015 and what's missing?

Hello All.. 2015 has been out for a few weeks now, wondering if you had a chance to download it and give it a yo?

If so, what do you like? What's not in there that you were hoping to see?
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I just installed the new version and found out that the plane bulk results are now updated when moving the plane. Just a minor thing, but anyway pretty helpful and a good example on how to improve the workflow with little fixes...

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 3 of 5

Hi Marco.. Thanks. It can be challenging to deliver the "big" splash items every release, as what people are asking for are tweaks to specific workflows or functionality that seems hidden to most.
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 4 of 5
RobTipples
in reply to: derrek.cooper

Great - importing STEP files. I've found this to be more stable than importing the ProE files directly.

Want - tweaks I've suggested in the ideas station; basic stuff like 'look at plane', progress bars, single value data summary in monitor etc. I'd be very pleased if the next version of the software was tweaked to make everything easier to use without any big changes.

Message 5 of 5
heath.houghton
in reply to: RobTipples

Rob ,

Glad to hear you like the added import options.  If your workflow has been to launch files directly from ProE, you might give that a shot again in 2015.  We were able to make several geometry kernel improvements that we have seen successfully bring in models that previously had issues.  If step is still working out better for you, then I'm glad we've offered a better workflow by giving the option.  We look at the ideastation all the time and thank you and others like you for posting things.  I admittedly have been behind in my replies and marking things as looked at, but trust me we do look at the ideastation as a method to keep the pulse of what our user community would like to see in upcoming releases.

Heath

Heath Houghton
Principal Business Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report