Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: cfd_openres.c 395

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mp112
348 Views, 5 Replies

Warning: cfd_openres.c 395

Im getting this warning in the solving status info when im trying to solve and the results arent loading into sim cfd 2014 while the job manager marks them as failed for solving but completed the download.

i cant find any explanation about this warning, what does it mean?

brest regards

mp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: mp112

Hello,

Do you have some screenshots?

How much RAM do you have in your computer?

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 6
mp112
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hello,

i cant provide a screenshot yet, as i think i deleted the project as i got a bit impatient with the loading and hoped starting from begin may helps. it didnt.. but so far i couldnt reproduce the error message.

had my pc running for about 1 1/2 day without seeing any progress on the loading.

as im running it on my private pc i got 4 gb of ram, could it be a bit low for it? it only happens when im trying to solve it transient and the model got about 200k elements

Message 4 of 6
mp112

okay, there we go, got the warning again. screenshot attached

Message 5 of 6
Royce_adsk

Are you changing the mesh settings from when the simulation stops and when you continue it?  As you can see the warning message is saying that the number of nodes are different.  It isn't really a issue if you remeshed the problem because it should interpolate the current results onto a new mesh.  There are certain types of analysis that you can't do this.

What sort of analysis are you doing?

Can you provide your support file for us to review?

4GB of RAM is a bit low with +16GB being the crowd favorite recently. With that in mind a 200K element simulation should be ok on that machine. You should see the analysis initially start very quickly.   I did notice that you are running a 360 analysis in the cloud, when you continue an analysis you could wait a fair amount of time for the restart data to be uploaded to the cloud.  What sort of upload bandwidth for you internet connection do you have?

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 6 of 6
mp112
in reply to: Royce_adsk

hi

i think i narrowed the problem down to occur because im cloning my scenarios. ive set up a scenario for steady analysis first and cloned it for transient analysis with changing the BC to different transient BC (harmonic and stepwise linear). in the transient analysis its where i get the openres.c error

if im using a new scenario without cloning the old one, the openres.c 395 error doesnt appear for the transient scenarios. Still my pc has trouble loading the results back from the cloud.. job manager does list them as finished and downloaded, but in cfd 2014 the results wont get loaded even if im waiting for a day or so.

looking at your answer i guess thats because of my ram.

internet bandwidth is nto a problem i think, im using the university network to for ul/dl to the cloud with and upload of 0.5-1 mb/s and a dl of about 2-5 mb/s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report