Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using distributed resistance materials in a 2D axisymmetric simulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
paul.nielsen
380 Views, 4 Replies

Using distributed resistance materials in a 2D axisymmetric simulation

Hi all. 

I am currently trying to run a axisymmetric simulation (following the proper procedures such as aligning with Y-axis) with distributed resistance materials included. However I keep getting " The Analysis has stopped because the solver exited unexpectedly".

I have tried using the flag 'no_difu_tensors' set to 1 to revert back to the old ways with no success.

It runs fine when not specifying axisymmetry though, however i kinda need the axisymmetry to avoid having to run 3D simulations.

Best regards
Paul Nielsen

EG engineering AB
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: paul.nielsen

I don't have to use axisymmetric analysis much but when I had to, I have faced similar problems with axisymmetric cases earlier. If you are hell bent on using axisymmetric and avoid full 3D, how about making a small wedge (3-5 deg) and use symmetry at both faces? It will be useful here if you keep the wedge "one element thick" to avoid integration errors. Always economical than using a 90 deg wedge etc...

But of course if you are able to sort out the 2D axisymmetric, it is always the best approach...

Message 3 of 5
paul.nielsen
in reply to: paul.nielsen

I have had to resolve to simulate wedges too before this. Somehow my simulation runs fine now in 2D with axisymmetry. Not really sure what I did though...

Best regards
Paul Nielsen

EG engineering AB
Message 4 of 5

Paul,

I"m glad you did get it working.

When you get the solver exit unexpectedly next time i would suggest taking a look at the status file to see if it outlines what might be causing the error.

Let us know if you run in to further issues

Message 5 of 5

Thanks, I will try to remember that!

Best regards
Paul Nielsen

EG engineering AB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report