Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniform Flow in distributed resistances

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
f.wolfenstetter
274 Views, 2 Replies

Uniform Flow in distributed resistances

Hello,

I have problems simulating incompressible flow through a volume resistance material. The gas enters a vessel through an inlet device at the side and leaves the vessel at the top end after passing a wire mesh, which produces a pressure drop. I have modelled this porous wire mesh as a volume resistance using a constant K value for all directions, because I know the pressure drop this element produces.

The problem is the flow seems to be uniform as soon as it enters the resistance. The velocity components in y and x directions are 0 inside the resistance material. How can there be no velocity components in x and y direction if the pressure drop is equal in all directions and the flow is not uniform when it enters the resistance?

Karabatan.png

Do I have to use a different type of resistance for my model?

Thanks for the help,

Flo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: f.wolfenstetter

Hi Flo,

Try running with this Flag (Setup -> Design Study Tools -> Flags) DRsmoothing set to -2.

There is an article here on DRsmoothing

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 3

Hello Jon,

thank you for the help. This works quite well, although I think I have to increase the K factor in the normal directions a bit to get the desired results.

Thanks for the quick support.

Kind regards,

Flo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report