Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to initialize adlm - license file cannot be found:ADLM:startup failed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
robert.camilleri
3813 Views, 2 Replies

unable to initialize adlm - license file cannot be found:ADLM:startup failed

Hi I have recently installed simulation cfd2013.  installation was successful and i managed to run a couple of simulations,  but a fed days i got an error unable to initialize adlm - error code <-104>. i've have multiple attempts of uninstalling and installing but with no success.  whenever i try to run a simulation i am now getting this error followed by llicense file cannot be found:ADLM: startup failed:

there are 3 suggested solutions 1) verify licpath.lic file in installation folde. 2) check if installation is not licpath.lic.lic, 3) if there is not one, make one.

These suggestions have not resolved my problem.  i know that this has been raised in previous messages, which i have followed, but there seems to be no solution which works.  can someone please help?

rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Rob,

The typical solution for the ADLM: Startup Failure is documented in the following article.

Known Issue - Simulation CFD 2013 Initial Release Regarding Localization

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18708426&linkID=18154757

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3

Dear Royce,

many thanks for your reply.  I had attempted that solution, however i have found that i needed to run the following prior to it.  Hope this will be useful to others.

1. Login as the administrator on the client machine.
  2. Type "services.msc" in Start menu search box (or Start->run in Windows XP) and hit enter to open Services window.
  3. Once the Services windows is opened, locate the service that relates to CFD Simulation (eg:-CFD server).
  4. Double-click on the particular service to open Properties.
  5. Click Logon Tab
  6. Click the Radio Button Next to the "This Account"
  7. Browse to Choose a Local administrator account,
  8. Enter and Confirm the Passwords in the respective boxes
  9. Click OK to exit
  10. Close the services Console
  11. Restart PC
  12. Start CFD as normal user.
  13. Simulation job should run normally as long as the license is available on the server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report