Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorials are Slow

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
saainsworth
403 Views, 5 Replies

Tutorials are Slow

I've been working my way thru the 2014 CFD tutorials.  I find the performance of the server is very poor.

Most of the time it takes longer to turn the page than it does to read it.  Many times my browser times out and

says it can't display the page. My internet connection is in good health (speed test reports 83Mps download and 53Mps upload). 

The issue also seems to impact the wiki help.

I'm hoping someone from Autodesk can send this email to the relevant people.

Is there somewhere I can download the tutorials so I can get on with the learning?

Thanks

Scott Ainsworth

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: saainsworth

One solution might be a different browser. The other is as you say, local files, which you will find here

Message 3 of 6
lcastel2
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

The files available for download on that link are only for the self paced training and only contain the car assembly. Is there another link to download the files used in the tutorials from the autodesk wikihelp? Because I've been searching for the folder location and It doesn't show in my system and in this link http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_CFD/enu/2014/Help/0083-Tutorial83/0084-Tutorial84/0085-Launc... there is only a path for windows 7, I don know if it's the same for windows 8

Thank you!

Luis

Message 4 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: lcastel2

The tutorial model files should be located in the same location for win7 and win8:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2014\Tutorials

Does that help ou?

Thanks,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 6
lcastel2
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Yes, turns out there where two similar paths because my system is in
another language than the program. And i found out that moving the tutorial
files from the Autodesk program files to another location, for example the
desktop improves the speed in the simulations.

Thank you
Message 6 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: lcastel2

Excellent! Interesting that the location of the files effected the solver speed. Were the files on a network drive or a very slow hard drive before?

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report