Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial files missing in Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
maxmarautodesk
2386 Views, 3 Replies

Tutorial files missing in Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015

Dear community,

I am a new user of Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015, running it on Windows 7 64bit. Therefore, I thought it is a good idea to start over with the tutorials coming together with the software. I accessed the tutorial section of the help from within the program. Then, I started with the tutorial about the manifold and tried to open the tutorial files as explained there. But the mentioned folders which should contain the necessary files for the tutorials do not exist on my computer!

Can I download the files somewhere?

Or how to solve/circumvent this problem?

Did anybody experience the same already?

FYI, my explorer does show also hidden files and folders and I have also tried the Windows search to find any tutorial folder.

I would appreciate your help very much!

Best regards,

Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: maxmarautodesk

Hi,

It sounds like this might be an admin rights issue.

Perhaps you need to re-install as admin incase CFD did not have write access to the necessary folders the first time?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 4

All tutorials are under

C:\Programdata\Autodesk\Simulation CFD\Tutorials

This folder will exist on your machine. If for some reason this folder does not, your installation may not have completed successfully. Run (as Admin) SimCFDconfig.exe and then check for the tutorial folder again

Message 4 of 4

The tutorial files are in fact in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2015\Tutorials

Thanks to all of you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report