Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient simulation - timestep

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kirandabhade
706 Views, 4 Replies

Transient simulation - timestep

We have setup 2D axis-symmetric case in cfdesign13 for transient analysis. We have given temperature as input and set it for time dependant case, in that we have given the value for Time steps size and times steps to run in “solve”.

Also we have checked table option in “save interval” to a save result on second based then solved that case but we are unable to extract that result file in the Temperature VS Time format. So could you tell me the process how to plot that temperature vs. time graph?

And location of that result file which we have set in “save interval” option as result based on second.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: kirandabhade

Have you tried the "Save..." ellipsis at the right-bottom side of the Output bar? This should save all the global average results in csv. If you want temperature vs time at a specific location, create a monitor point and save its progress against time the same way.

OJ

Message 3 of 5
kirandabhade
in reply to: OmkarJ

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
kirandabhade
in reply to: OmkarJ

Hi omkar

as per your guideline i tried to solve my problem and i got answer but i am interested to clear one doubt .

In my above case i have step up time step as 1 and stop time as 3600  and time step to run also 3600 in short for 1 hour with time step1 second and i have create 3 monitor point with this set up and it take 50 to 55 min. to solve in 2D-axisymetric case but at the time of result loading it take almost 3-4 hours. after that i am able to extract that result as u said.

so my question is it take 50 to 50 min to solve then why it take 3-4 hour? or the way i am doing the analysis is right or not because it take more time to load? or how to reduce that result load time ? so that i can save my total analysis time.

Message 5 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: kirandabhade

Check you frequency of saving results. If it is per one timestep, it means you are saving 3600 datasets for one hour, but at any given point of time, the memory consumed is only for one dataset at current timestep. While post-processing, you'll be loading all these timesteps into memory at once and hence it would obviously be time-consuming.

Hence, you can decide to save at say 10 or 20 timesteps etc, depending on your goal.

OJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report